Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Pancake Pizza Poppers


A few years ago my sister bought me a stuffed pancake pan for Christmas. I unfortunately tucked it away in one of my deep cabinets and completely forgot about it, until recently. But I’m sure glad I came across it because these little things are adorable and delicious, not to mention fun to make.

I usually just fill them with frozen blueberries, or chocolate chips if Andrew has any say in it.
But I was feeling adventurous so today I tried a savory version. I turned pancakes into cheesy pizza bites and they are delish! You can dip them into marinara sauce or eat them plain. They would also make a great, original appetizer.
The covenant filled pancake pan can be purchased from William Sonoma
  • 1 cup of pancake mix (follow directions on the package)
  • 1 tsp of oregano
  • 1 tsp of basil
  • 1 tsp of garlic powder
  • 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
  • 14 small cubes of mozzarella cheese
  • marinara sauce (optional)
1. Spray filled pancake pan with non stick cooking spray.

2. Prepare one cup of pancake mix according to the package, mix in oregano, garlic powder, basil, and Parmesan.

3. Pour batter into pan, filling each cavity about half way. Place a cube of mozzarella in each cavity, add more batter on top to cover the mozzarella cheese.

4. Turn over, and cook until crispy on all sides.
Serve with marinara sauce. Makes approx 12 poppers.


https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/pancake-pizza-poppers?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1


No comments:

Post a Comment