Pages

Sunday, November 03, 2013

Crock Pot Beef (or Chicken) & Broccoli

I friggin LOVE Chinese food! We don't get it very often which is actually a good thing because I have zero will power and I eat myself sick.


But this recipe is a nice compromise between all the deep friend yumminess that usually accompanies Chinese food while still kicking the Chinese food craving. Oh and I did I mention that it's super easy? ;)

I normally make it with beef, but this past time I tried out chicken and it's just as tasty in a totally different way. So put down that take out menu, get out your crock pot, and get cooking!

  • 1 pound of beef tips or chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 cup of beef or chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup of soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup of  brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch or gravy flour
  • Fresh broccoli florets, as many as you like, steamed

1. Place beef or chicken in a crock pot. Add in the broth, soy suace, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Mix until beef or chicken is evenly coated.

2. Cook on high for approx 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Once the meat is complete cooked, add in the cornstarch or gravy flour to thicken the sauce.

3. Add in the broccoli (I steam mine before as I like it a little softer then just adding it to the pot raw)

4. Stir to combine and let it cook for another 30mins. Serve over hot cooked rice.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/crock-pot-beef-or-chicken-broccoli?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1


No comments:

Post a Comment