Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blueberry Pound Cake


Sometimes life lessons pop out of no where. Like today, when this blueberry pound cake taught me the importance of patience.
I made this cake, and it took a while to bake, I let it cool, but obviously not long enough because I was so excited to see how it turned out I flipped it over onto the plate and only half of it came out. UGH. I refused to let this cake get the best of me, so I attempted it again. This time I was older, wiser, and armed with my new found virtue.
Luckily round two was a success! I literally did a happy dance when it came out of the pan in one piece. Trying to look on the positive side I was able to to taste a bit of the unfortunate cake before I put it to rest. This is an awesome recipe, so delicious! And I finally my giant bag of blueberries is gone from the freezer and put to good use.

Remember....patience! ;)

  • 1 cup of butter
  • 2 3/4 cups of flour
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of sour cream
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
  • 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries, coated in flour
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 1/4 cup of sugar

1. Grease a bunt pan with 2 tbsp of butter, use the 1/4 cup of sugar to coat the pan, this will give the cake a sweet crispy shell. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and then the vanilla and sour cream. Gradually beat in the flour, baking powder and salt.

3. Mix in  the blueberries, and scrape the batter into the pan. Bake for approx 60 mins or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/blueberry-pound-cake?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1


No comments:

Post a Comment