Pages

Monday, August 05, 2013

Apple Butter

The way I usually find recipes is to Google image search whatever it is I want to make. From there I find the best, most appetizing photo and choose that as my recipe. This seems like a superficial thing to do, and is ironic because all the photos I have on this blog are taken with my iPhone (Andrew if you’re reading this I need a good camera for Christmas!)


Anyway that is how I found this recipe for Apple Butter. I have never made this before, I actually have never even tried it before. But it sounds yummy, looks easy, and I get to put it in mason jars…which means….I get to make labels again!


I think the trick with apple butter is to think of it as jam and not butter. I put some on a some vanilla frozen yogurt and it was amazing! You could also use it on toast, crackers, or even muffins.

All Day Apple Butter - Adapted from allrecipes.ca

  • 5 1/2 pounds of apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
  • 2 1/2 cups of white sugar
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place the apples in a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until apples are even coated.

2. Cover and cook on high for 1 hours

3. Reduce heat to low and cook 9 - 11 hours, stirring occasionally.

4. Once the mixture is thickened and dark brown, blend in blender until smooth.

5. Spoon the mixture unto sterile containers and refrigerate or freeze.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/apple-butter?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1



No comments:

Post a Comment