Pages

Thursday, February 06, 2014

Cuban Lunch Chocolates


My dad tells me that back in his day there was chocolate bar called Cuban Lunch and it was one of his favorites. So my step mother being the wonderful lady she is whipped up a batch for him on his birthday. When my sister and I tried them we were hooked, they were so yummy and we couldn't put out finger on what the crispy crunchy stuff was inside... it turns out it was crushed up bits of Ruffles potato chips! I've always been a fan of the sweet/salty combo so these became my new favorites.

  • 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 package of peanut butter chips
  • 1 package of butter scotch chips
  • 1.5 cups of crushed Ruffles potato chips
  • 1 cup of crushed peanuts
  • paper cupcake liners

1. In a medium sized saucepan melt the chocolate, peanut butter, and butter scotch chips over low heat, stirring constantly.

2. When completely melted mix in the crushed chips and peanuts. Spoon into the cupcake liners and place in the fridge or freezer until firm. Once they are firm, peel them out of the papers and store in an airtight container with parchment paper in between.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/cuban-lunch-chocolates?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

No comments:

Post a Comment