Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

House Guest Welcome Basket


When I went to New York with my fam years ago, we stayed with my Step Dad’s sister and she put these little welcome baskets in each room filled with snacks. I thought it was such a great idea and obviously it left a lasting impression. It made us feel welcome and was nice to have a little snack without having to raid that host’s fridge.

Next month a few of Andrew’s friends from out of town will be staying with us, so I thought I would whip a few baskets up for them. I not so secretly wish they were girls because I could totally make awesome baskets for girls filled with bath products and cozy slippers etc. But since the ones I made are for men, they mostly have junk food with a few toiletry products but either way I’m sure it will serve the purpose of making them feel welcome.

Here’s what I put in the baskets, but really the possibilities are endless!
  • Magazine
  • Face Towel
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Mouthwash
  • Floss
  • Travel sized shave gel
  • Pringles
  • Starbucks Refresher Beverage
  • Gum
  • Chocolate Bars 
  • Candy
  • Caramel Corn
  • Licorice
  • Microwave Popcorn

No comments:

Post a Comment