Pages

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Pumpkin Loaf


Loafs have always been tricky business for me. I start to fret when the top get's dark but the middle is still gooey. I've been known to  take my banana loaf out of the oven prematurely only to find out it's undercooked. And this time was no different. My first loaf (without raisins) wasn't all the way cooked in the very middle of the loaf. So I cut off the ends and started loaf number two (with raisins just to mix it up) I made a promise to myself to not even check the thing until the 40 minute mark. Luckily loaf number 2 was perfect!

  • 1 cup of pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup of white sugar
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 tsp of cinnamon
  • 1/8 of tsp of ground ginger
  • 1 cup of raisins or walnuts (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a loaf pan.

2. Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs. Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.

3. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/pumpkin-loaf?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1




No comments:

Post a Comment