Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Banana Zucchini Chia Muffins

When Andrew is in town eating healthy goes right out the window for me. Last week was no exception. So I decided to put an end to it and make a healthy meal plan for this week. I also made some healthy muffins which we both love.


I just started incorporating chia seeds into some of my baking. (I used them in my energy bites as well) I don’t know why I haven’t used them sooner. They are super healthy, don’t really have a taste but add a little extra crunch.

Chia Seed Benefits


Full of Fibre & Anti-Oxidants
Cuts food cravings
Balances Blood Sugar
Rich in Omega-3 and Protein
3 times more iron than spinach
5 times more calcium than milk
7 times more vitamin C than oranges
15 times more magnesium than broccoli
Anti-Aging, and great for your skin, hair and nails

  • 4 cups of zucchini, grated
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • ½ cup of oat bran
  • ½ cup of chia seeds
  • ¼ cup of butter, melted
  • ½ cup of sour cream
  • 2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour 
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 tsp of baking soda
  • 1 tbsp of baking powder

    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 2 muffin tins (24 muffins)

    2. In a larger bowl to kitchen aid, mix together the zucchini, bananas, butter, egg, chia seeds and sour cream.

    3. Add in the remaining ingredients to combine. Spoon batter into muffin tins and bake for approx. 16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.


    https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/banana-zucchini-chia-muffins?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

    No comments:

    Post a Comment