Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Peanut Butter Energy Bites


I have a confession – I hardly ever follow recipes. Which is extremely odd as you would think my OCD side would kick in and I would level off each measuring cup while baking. But I don’t. I add something extra or omit ingredients all together. You know the old saying “You win some you lose some”? Well when I’m adventurous in the kitchen and I win, I win big, and when I lose, well let’s just say there are tears involved. BUT I consider these little bites a BIG win and there is nothing more gratifying then making something delicious that you came up with yourself.

These little bites are great to keep in the fridge or freezer in case you ever get hangry (a state of anger due to hunger) or to bring on road trip or hike. They are small, but are full of healthy ingredients that will fill you up! The best part is that they kind of taste like cookie dough, basically, little bits of business sent from god.

  • 1 ½ cups of large flaked oats
  • ¾ cup of bran
  • 2 tbsp of chia seeds
  • ½ cup of un-sweetened coconuts flakes
  • ½ cup of raisins
  • ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (I used Vega)
  • 1 tsp of cocoa powder
  • ½ cup of honey or maple syrup
  • 1 cup of peanut butter

1. In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. Add the peanut butter and honey/maple syrup and mix until you have a thick dough. You may need to add a little more peanut butter or oats to get the consistency you want.

2. Using your hands, roll into 1 inch balls, and place on parchment paper. Store in an airtight container. Makes approx. 24 bites.

https://sites.google.com/site/receipesfromlifehappens/peanut-butter-energy-bites?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1




No comments:

Post a Comment