Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Couscous with Almonds & Broccoli


I was over the top impressed with this recipe. My step mother was the first to make it for me, but this was the first time I actually made it myself, and man was it easy. Another healthy, tasty, quick meal for weeknights. You're welcome! ;)

  • 1 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 onion, chopped fine
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • ½ cup of silvered almonds
  • ½ tsp of dried sage
  • ¼ each of salt and pepper
  • 3 ½ cups of chicken broth
  • 2 carrots, grated
  • 2 cups of frozen broccoli
  • 2 cups of couscous

1. In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, almonds and sage, cook until onions are translucent.

2. Add the chicken broth, carrots, and broccoli and bring to a boil.

3. Remove from heat, add couscous, cover and let stand until the broth is absorbed and couscous is cooked (about 5 minutes) fluff with a fork and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment