Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

When Life hands you Lemons…

Take them to the vet, a lot!

We have a dog (Oscar) and a cat (Sprinkles) that we affectionately refer to as our “lemons”. They are both the sweetest creatures anyone could ask for but they are extremely flawed when it comes to health issues. Both have allergies which keeps them on a diet of the most expensive food ever hypoallergenic vet food, even so they both still break out with skin irritations on a regular basis.

Oscar is a Pitbull/Rottweiler mix so naturally, he loves to CHEW! Since he can’t have bones, it has been my mission to find him a toy that he wouldn’t shred to pieces within minutes of playing with it. Andrew warned me of this, but after seeing things like “indestructible” and “guaranteed” all over the label of what looked like a heavy duty toy, I would optimistically buy it and bring it home. (Secretly trying to prove to Andrew that he is wrong) Each time I do this, my heart breaks when only minutes later I find the toy ripped apart, and Oscar proudly looking up at me wagging his tail.

At the end of the day no matter how many toys he's rips apart and how expensive and flawed our furry little companions are, they are ours, and we love them.

One of my favorite things to do on a nice day with Andrew is to take Oscar for a walk. On the weekends we will sometimes drive him down to Edworthy Park and take him along the river. I think I enjoy this so much because when we started dating this is something we would do pretty much every weekend. Grab a coffee, head down to the park and enjoy the day.Good memories! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment