Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Perfect Cesar

Have you noticed that when you order a Cesar these days, it pretty much comes with a meal made from garnish. I’ve seen them come with pepperoni sticks, shrimp, onion rings, even mini sliders, all protruding out of the top of glass. And while that’s all fine and dandy, what really matters is the taste of the beverage itself. With it being patio season I decided it was the best time to perfect this classic drink. And boy was it fun!

First things first, keep it simple.
I didn’t stray too much from an originally recipe, why mess with a good thing?
I also never rim my glasses with salt or other seasoning as I feel like it always makes a mess. But if that’s your thing, then I say go for it!
But most importantly, you MUST use Mott’s brand clamato juice. In my mind this is not negotiable. Not for any other reason than for the fact it just tastes the best. Just like boxed mac and cheese, it’s gotta be Kraft Dinner, and clamato juice has gotta be Mott’s.

  • 1 oz. Of vodka
  • 2 dashes of Tabasco Sauce
  • 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp of pickle juice (the secret ingredient)
  • Celery Salt & Pepper, to taste
  • 4 to 6 oz. Of Mott’s Clamato juice
  • Celery Stick for garnish

1. Pour pickle juice into a tall glass. Add the Tabasco, Worcesterhsire, Celery Salt & Pepper, mix well.

2. Add the vodka, some ice cubes, and celery stick. Top the glass with Clamato until full. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment