Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pesto Pearl Couscous Salad


I just discovered pearl couscous, and I’m really excited about it! I came across a recipe for a pearl couscous salad online and was intrigued but I couldn’t find it anywhere. Then all the sudden, when I wasn’t looking for it, there it was right in front of my face at good old Super Store!

So what is it? Pearl Couscous (also known as “Israel Couscous”, “Jerusalem Couscous”, or “ Ptitim”) is a small, whole grain food made from semolina or wheat flour. It’s basically a little round pasta. It can be interchanged for pasta, rice, regular couscous or orzo. I just think it’s fun just because it’s a little bit different.


Pesto Pearl Couscous Salad
  • 2 cups of pearl couscous, prepared
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • ½ cup of Kamala Olives, diced 
  • 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, quartered
  • ½ cup of Basil Pesto (I used the stuff from a jar)
  • 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
  • 2 tbsp of Kraft Parmesan cheese
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste
  1. In a large bowl, toss together the couscous, pepper, olives, tomatoes with the olive oil.  
  2. Add the pesto until everything is evenly coated. Sprinkle with Parmesan and salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment