Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The BEST Potato Salad


The weather is ever so slowly starting to get nicer and Andrew and I have been anxious to start BBQ-ing and enjoying our new backyard. We decided it was time and fired up the grill, threw on some chicken and I got busy in the kitchen making the potato salad.

Since there’s still snow on the ground (gross I know) and since we don’t yet have a patio set we ate our summer BBQ meal inside. But regardless of the atmosphere we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and can’t wait to test out some new BBQ recipes this season.

  • Bag of small potatoes (I usually get the tri-color one)
  • 4 eggs, hard boiled, and chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped finely
  • ½ cup of mayo
  • ¼ cup of sour cream
  • 1 tbsp of mustard (I used Dijon or Hot for a little more flavour)
  • Bacon, cooked and sliced (optional – sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t)
  • Salt & Pepper to Taste

1. Boil the potatoes until tender, run under cold water. Once cool, slice each potato in half or into quarters depending on size. Put in a large bowl, along with eggs, onions, and bacon (if using) and set aside.

2. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, sour cream and mustard.

3. Mix the sauce in with the potato mixture until well combined, season with salt in pepper. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment