Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Maple Glazed Salmon


I'm not sure why, but I really dislike grocery shopping. Which is strange because I love shopping for everything else. Even though I'm armed with a detailed list I find the entire process very stressful. From the parking lot to maneuvering my cart around other shoppers and so on. Anyway I'm trying to justify the fact that I was so flustered during my last grocery trip that I just grabbed some fish and threw it in the cart. I didn't realize until I got home that I just spend $28 on two pieces of Salmon...whoops! But I took advantage of my mistake and made one of our favs, maple glazed salmon! For the record, this glaze is great on any priced salmon. ;)

  • 2 pieces of fresh Salmon
  • 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
  • 2 tbsp of soya sauce
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 1 tsp of lemon juice
  • Seasoning salt

1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with tin foil, place the salmon skin down on the foil.

2. In a small measuring cup, combine the syrup, soya sauce, garlic, and lemon juice. Pour half of the glaze over the fish. Sprinkle with seasoning salt.

3. Bake for approx 20 mins (may be more or less depending on the size of your fish) Half way through baking, pour over the remaining glaze. Continue to bake until the fish is flaky.







No comments:

Post a Comment