Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pizza Buns


I bought a pop can of Pillsbury pizza dough strictly as a backup. However, plan B became plan A when my weekend got away from me and I lost complete track of time. I intended on making whole wheat dough from scratch so the buns would have even a very small amount of nutrients. But that didn’t happen. I mean it’s a pizza bun, let’s not kid ourselves, this isn’t a healthy recipe. But they aren’t huge, so if you make a lunch out of one with some veggies on the side. All and all your diet isn’t completely blown.

Once cooled, I wrapped them up individually and froze them for the days I didn’t time to make my lunch ahead.

  • 1 can of pizza dough OR a batch of your own recipe
  • Pizza Sauce
  • Cheese, grated
  • Toppings

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

2. Unroll, or roll out pizza dough into a rectangle. Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce, sprinkle cheese, and toppings.

3. Starting at one end, roll up the dough with the toppings inside. Once you have a large roll, cut into 1’’ pieces and place roll on it’s side on the baking sheet. Bake for approx. 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment